Monday, May 23, 2011

The Precursor of a Thought


Confession: Interestingly enough, my mind has wandered into the land of what a thought really is, and the process of it occuring in your mind before it manifest itself into reality. When you are faced with time, time spent alone, the mind can become an alteration of images of a reality that you may become familiar with later. I find it fascinating to look at the way thoughts work and how they transpire into actions, particularly dark ones. I am always looking at the upside of something, so I thought, why not explore the negative or dark spots of thoughts. So, anyways, here is just a random thought I put on paper, took me about 10 minutes to get it out. I love random thought writing time, I always surprise myself with what is going on in my mind. I just wish I could catch all the fleeting ones that get away. :o) Enjoy.

Sometimes, I hate to be alone with my thoughts; it can be a scary place to be. Presenting different outcomes, changing the course of your life, and, perhaps or, treading in unfamiliar territory, looms in the shadows of each passing façade of the imaginary reality that can formally introduce itself one day. The temptations of the “what-ifs” that transition between your neurons, teasing your conscience and decision making skills, can be legerdemain as well as threatening. Deceptively lust, greed, envy, gluttony, and more embryonic manipulators, cast their appearance with an illusionary dress that seems appeasing as well as appealing. The mind’s playground can unintentionally allow the twisting and burning of love to the ground, all the while, lifting up the spirits of the dark only to blindingly confuse it for light. Searching for the sound of sanity can be hard when footprints lead to a different path, one that stimulates the senses and situates itself as equal to the one you were really looking for. Tis, tis, tis, when the thoughts of the unreal becomes a reality; how do you escape the imprints that will be forever scripted into your soul, is an inspiring rhetorical statement to consider. How do you beat grief and guilt, anger converted into rage, and pain replaced by the blood of a dying life that you once lived before you? Decisions, decisions, oh how they affect unmannered emotions, all the while affecting every part of our very existence, down to where we sit, as to oppose to where we could have sat; this or that games our thoughts play. Thoughts are the precursor to actions, which invoke the reactions of our lives. So, have we missed out on the true evaluator of what fords us through this life of ours? Being alone with my thoughts, truth be bold and told, can be a scary, scary place to linger.

Where do your thoughts lead you?

No comments:

Post a Comment