Friday, April 15, 2011

All I want ... is the world


Confession: All I want is the world ... to see its true beauty in every capacity, to make my moments last through laughter, joyful tears, and experiences that outweigh each passing one ...

I don't know ... I've been sitting on this line ... all I want is the world for a few days. I wrote the poem at the bottom, but I may make a part two. It lingers in my mind, and the statement itself does not contain a selfishness quality; it goes deeper than that. I hope you enjoy.

I hardly ever write in rhythm style so, this is something a little different for me. I'm a free thought open style type of writer. :o) Just a warning.

All I want is the world, is that too much to ask?
Experience life to its fullest, and all that it has.

All I want is the world, to hold pieces of it in my hand
Learning to fall in love, in whatever capacity I can.

All I want is the world, to feel happiness and forget the pain.
Memorizing even the smallest detail, for there is so much more to gain

All I want is the world, with you inside my walls.
For me to understand the concept, of what it really means to fall.

All I want is the world, to look into your eyes.
To lose myself inside of you, every blink offering an elaborate
or perhaps subtle surprise.

All I want is the world, to breathe in the heavens
and taste the flavors of the moon.
Standing still to watch the good parts, because Lord knows,
its over too soon.

All I want is the world, to hold your hand along the way.
To watch our souls become the best of friends, and to know, together,
we'll face the day.

All I want is the world, to carry new secrets,
shared only between us two.
Promising the nevers, making good on the always
pinkie swears, special shakes, to seal them or perhaps, renew.

All I want is the world, but only with you … is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment